The Oquirrh Times – The Magna Times, West Valley News and Kearns Post combined
8980 West 2700 South
Magna, Utah 84044
(801) 250-5656 voice
(801) 250-5685 fax
Web Site: http://www.oquirrhtimes.com/
Greetings! ~ I just wanted to write a short note to compliment you all that have been working on our new paper, The Oquirrh Times! I like the name of the paper, I love the brightly colored photos, the wonderful articles and the whole thing!…..It’s fantastic!!…..and I especially am becoming a fan of “Syl’s” column each week……she’s got a great way to tell a story, and I enjoy each article that she has done!….I also understand that she is a cousin to my neighbor Bill Sutton…..I suppose it is a small world after all!…….Congratulations on all your hard work there at “The Oquirrh Times” and I look forward to each new edition!…….Onward we go!
Dear Andrea L. Boone,
Thank you so much for the nice things you said about me in your column on Feb 03,2011,
You are such a sweet person to say that about me!! I just wanted you to know I really think
that was sweet of you!! Thanks Again
Tami Kirk Stewart
I am writing in response to an article printed in the December 1, 2011 print edition by Jon O’Brien titled, “President Obama, Don’t turn Your Back on Women.”
My problem with this article was that it was written as a very opinionated which in my opinion showed a strong anti-catholic bias. Jon O’Brien is president of the group “Catholics for Choice” and published this article as an Op-Ed on the November 28th New York Times.
the article was printed in the Oquirrh Times to appear as a news article rather than an op-ed or editorial which is deceiving to your readers. The article listed numerous statistical claims of without citing a single source for any of the statistics.
The article should have at a minimum been identified as the opinion of the the group Catholics for Choice and not disquised as a news article, to make matters even worse it placed directly next to an article about Christmas with the Mormon tabernacle Choir. This makes me wonder what the actual intentions of the paper was since the Catholic Church and the LDS Church agree on principles of abortion where this juxtaposition placement makes it appear they are directly at odds with each other.
Here is further background on the group Catholics for Choice:
1. No affiliation with the Catholic Church
2. The organization has NO membership
3. Was formed in 1973, post Roe v Wade by 3 members of the National Organization of Women
4. Heavily financed by several foundations that do not support any officially recognized Catholic charity
5. Between 1996 and 2000, the organization raised approximately $15 million, more than 70 percent of which came from five sources that have never contributed to an officially recognized Catholic nonprofit: the Buffett Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, the David and Lucile Packard Foundation, and the Ford Foundation
6. All five of these supporters have also supported Planned Parenthood
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>