Primary Care Network (PCN) opens enrollment to uninsured adults

The Primary Care Network (PCN), a health plan offered by the Utah Department of Health has opened enrollment to all uninsured adults in Utah who meet income guidelines.

UT DEPT HEALTH & WELFARE LOGO

UT DEPT HEALTH & WELFARE LOGO

Open enrollment will be accepted through Nov. 22. Since May 2010, PCN has been closed for enrollment and has not accepted new applications. All uninsured Utah adults may apply online, by mail, or in person to receive primary health care.

PCN is a primary preventive health coverage plan for adults. Benefits include physician services, prescriptions, dental services, eye exams, emergency room visits, birth control, and general preventive services.

Qualifying adults must be between the ages of 19-64,  U.S. citizens or legal residents and  have no access to student health insurance, Medicare or Veterans benefits.

This is the first time PCN has been open to adults without children. For single adults, Income may not exceed $16,245 per year. For a family of four, income may not exceed $33,075 per year.

The yearly enrollment fee for PCN ranges from $15-$50 depending on income. Services covered include visits to a primary care providers, prescriptions, dental exams, x-rays, fillings and cleanings, immunizations, eye exams and birth control. It does not cover hospital stays.
For more information go to  www.health.utah.gov/pcn  or call the PCN hotline at 1-888-222-2542.

This entry was posted in Kearns News, Magna News, West Valley City News, •SLCo/Utah News. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Primary Care Network (PCN) opens enrollment to uninsured adults

1. Sophia Munoz says:

when will u have the the pcn enrollment open again trying to apply but everytime I go to the website its always closed. please email me to let me know when it will be open to apply thank u

2. Mindi Fiefia says:

I am also wondering when the next open enrollment will be. Will you please send me an email to let me know.

Thank you.

Mindi Fiefia

3. Dorene says:

Hi, I am wondering when open enrollment will begin for PCN. Could you please e mail me and let me know.

Thanks

Dorene Libertor

4. lois delvecchio says:

can someone please notify me when dental enrollment opens. thank you

5. Adam G says:

Hi my family and I are in need of insurance so if someone could please email me when the next enrollment is that would be great.. I hope it is sooner rather than later. I hate to not be covered and my employer’s insurance charges too much.

6. Jess s says:

What really pisses me off is that I applied for medicare
    and was going to a dentist right around this time and yet no
    one friggin told me about it! Seriously people wake up!
    They say its well advertised and ull know when there’s an
    open enrollment yet even though I’m always on the internet
    or watching TV, I heard nothing about it!!! I really hope
    they see this comment, take it to heart and maybe please
    let me apply!